Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I’ve been hard at work lately, penciling, inking and lettering a new project. It’s written by Norwegian writer Magnus Aspli and is being colored by a very talented fella named Hugo Froes. So far, I’ve been really knocked out by Hugo’s work on this series as well his past work. I first became aware of him on a project we did together for Ronin Studios. It was a charity book for HOPE: the Hero Initiative. I only lettered one of the short stories, “Rose”. I got to see all stages of the artwork and Hugo’s colors brought the art to another level.

The writer of “Rose” was Alex De-gruchy, who I’ve worked with mostly as a letterer, but most recently I illustrated a short story he wrote called “Trick”. Alex is working as the editor for this new project, which is how Hugo and I became involved.

The story is sort of a Lovecraftian suspense story with quite a large cast of characters. The main story takes place on a boat but it also has a subplot that takes place in 14th Century Norway. That means lots a research. But so far it’s been very exciting. The only downside is waiting so long to get the pencils approved. With Alex in Wales, Magnus in Norway, and Hugo, I think, in Portugal, the time zones don’t match up. I usually email them at night, so a reply awaits me in the morning.

I’ll start posting some pages soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home