Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wolfbait Lives

This is a promo illustration I drew for a Wolfbait 7 inch. The A-side is “Lords of the Universe” so I went with a space theme. I think musically, we’re headed down a path that can only be described as “Sci-Fi metal” (or SyFy™-metal, if you prefer). It wasn’t hard to capture Brian’s naturally sculpted physique, but I did exaggerate the arm and hand. I was going for a John Buscema trying to draw like Jack Kirby kind of thing.
Drawn mostly with the Hunt 102 pen-nib. Hair and beards were done with the Windsor & Newton #2 series 7 brush. The stars were done with ProWhite and a #00 brush. I might go back and redo them with Photoshop. We’ll see.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

This is amazing.

August 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home