Saturday, August 23, 2008

Romantic Secrets

Here is another example from last year's art show. I decided to redo it. I mostly wanted to tighten up the inking but I think the lettering was bothering me the most.


So I redrew it and it looked like this:



Scanned it in and did the lettering and coloring in Illustrator and Photoshop:


I added a half-tone filter to give it a vintage look. But after looking at the original again, I decided to try and replace my half-assed lettering with some digital work. I know that digital lettering can never really capture the artistry of working by hand, but for people like me, it really saves precious working hours. I'm still trying to master the old fashioned method, but for now, the only lettering I feel confident to show people is done digitally. So here is the original again, with new lettering and color.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home