Monday, September 27, 2010

Pencil Process

Here is my process for projects which I only pencil. This particular page is from "Drago Bentley" issue 2. First, I do layouts of each page at 4.5 x 7 inches. I email this to Joe, the writer, for approval.



Then, I put done some loose pencils with the non-repro blue pencil. I'll also draw all of my perspective grids here as well.



Then, I go over the page with graphite, usually a B lead. I won't be inking the page so I try to draw as precise as I can, which is why I use a Sanford Turquoise lead holder. Nothing else can give a sharper edge. I work from the top left corner down, in a z formation to prevent smudging the page with my stupid hand.



Then it's off to the inker. In this case, Mark Martin has been kind enough to help us out with the inking. He's got a great, clean look and we're really starting to gel. Soon, I'll start sending rougher, illegible pencils and make him do all the work! Muh haha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahah! (evil laugh).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home